Over 4 million openings for Administrative Assistants are expected by 2016. You can learn the business and software skills needed for this in-demand field in only six months or less with this recognized program .
The Administrative Assistant program is online and instructor-facilitated. Upon enrolling, every student is assigned a Career Coach to help them take advantage of their online learning experience. In addition, upon completion of your online training, you will be qualified to sit for both the Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams, helping you stand out from the crowd.
What You’ll Learn:
Employment of general office procedures to improve time management and the communication of information
Full knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
Improve typing, grammar and knowledge of several professional business documents
Understand fundamental bookkeeping and financial material
Our simplified approach to teaching Microsoft Office will prepare you to showcase all the essential features with this software. Whether you're upgrading from an earlier version or encountering the Office applications for the first time, we’ll make sure you know how to use all the functions that the workplace demands.
We offer a wide variety of financial assistance programs, including grants and scholarships and a four-part payment plan to help make your training more affordable. Military tuition assistance is also available.
Course Access Time
Students are given 6 months to complete the program. Extensions are available if needed, fees may apply.
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
There are no specific prerequisites for this program but students must have the Microsoft Office suite installed on their computer (2010 or 2007 acceptable). Students will need access to both a computer and the internet. Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
The intended audience for this program is individuals that are seeking to enhance their skills or find employment as an Administrative Assistant.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple's website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
•Students must have Microsoft Office 201