Anatomy and Physiology Certificate Course | World Education
World Education is proud to offer this online anatomy and physiology course which is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of biology.
Our online Anatomy and Physiology course is ideal for students with little or no training in biology or human anatomy and physiology. Students will learn about the various systems that make up the human body, and how they work together to promote homeostasis.
Upon successful completion of this online certificate program, students will have the knowledge needed to:
- Identify the different types of cells that make up the human body
- Define skin, tissue and bone features and characteristics
- Identify and define the functions and movements of joints, muscles, and the spinal cord
- Identify parts of the brain, functions of hormones, and processes of blood cells
- Comprehend the function and location of the anatomical systems of the human body
This course is 100% online and instructor-supported which allows students to pursue their education and career goals at their own pace. Our open enrollment policy means you can get started at any time.
Take the first step to a brighter future by enrolling in our online anatomy and physiology course today!
Browse other online healthcare certificate courses, including:
Pharmacy Technician Certification
Lean Mastery for Healthcare
Dental Office Assistant Certificate Course
Course Access Time
Duration of Access
We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 12 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee.
Course InstructorThis class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. Students will need access to both a computer and the internet. Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
The intended audience for this program is individuals that are seeking to gain employment in the field of Anatomy & Physiology or wishing to enhance their skills in the field of Anatomy & Physiology.
Materials / System Requirements
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology by Donald C Rizzo
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
- Cookies MUST be enabled
- Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)